Were you aware that the gorgeous dress you are wearing could take up to 200 years to decompose? Even if you shred it and toss in the landfill, chances are that your precious, expensive, über stylish dress will leak chemicals into the ground water and release gases into the ecosystem that are harmful to all of us.
PECKD decomposes naturally within 6 months, when buried in moist soil. It does not release chemicals nor does it affect the toxicity of the soil. Does this make you want to explore PECKD?
Here is something more to tempt you. The process of creating one dress sometimes uses up to 3000 liters of water. At PECKD, we have figured a way to restrict water wastage. Not only that, we have also stayed away from using chemical bleaches and dyes; which is why all our dresses are their own natural shades of white.
Tempted to explore PECKD yet? How about this?
PECKD fashion statements make use of no plastics, no rubbers and no metals. Which means all our style statements are 100% organic and made without elastics and zippers. Even our buttons are made from nut pulp and dehydrated vegetables, to keep PECKD all natural. Go ahead. Embrace eco-conscious fashion. Explore PECKD.
WHAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW
- Out of approximately 22 million tons of textile waste generated, only 3.2 million was recycled
- ONLY 0.1 % of recycled fiber collected by charities and takeback
programs is recycled into new fiber
- 0 % of the textile waste was composted
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW
- It is possible to have compostable garments. We just proved it with
- Every PECKD garment, from thread to button, will compost within 180 days, when buried in moist soil.
- Compostable also means satin, moss and a lot of other fabrics(including organic cotton)
FULLY COMPOSTABLE FASHION
For the eco-conscious trendsetters
Follow us on Instagram